Revolutionizing Seat Inspection for Automotive Components: A Case Study in Automation and Accuracy
- AIC Ported on NVIDIA Jetson Xavier: Advanced Inspection Camera (AIC) technology was integrated with NVIDIA Jetson Xavier for high-performance image processing and analysis.
- DIY Software Framework: The company developed a custom software framework tailored to their specific seat inspection needs, providing flexibility and control over the inspection process.
- Basler 2.3 MP Camera: High-resolution Basler cameras were deployed to capture detailed seat images for inspection.
- Machine-Mounted UI: A user-friendly machine-mounted user interface (UI) was designed to streamline the inspection process and allow operators to monitor results in real-time.
- Domino Inkjet Printer: Domino inkjet printers were utilized for marking and labeling inspected seats..
: The company implemented a comprehensive solution to address these challenges:
The implementation of these solutions yielded significant benefits for the company:
- : By utilizing AIC technology and the DIY software framework, the company achieved 100% accurate seat inspections, eliminating errors and reducing rework.
- : The company implemented a new variant addition mode, allowing them to capture images of new seat variants and easily submit them for training. This streamlined the process of adapting to new product variants.
- : The system enabled remote updates for new seat models, reducing the need for on-site machine vision expertise and saving costs associated with modifications.